Thursday, October 4, 2012

Missing the usual train


I watch you, your face blurred,
through the window pane
where drops of water still hangs on
from the previous day’s rain.
You stand there oblivious,
talking with your friends
while I’m sitting here wondering
and trying to make sense.
When we laughed together
I used to stare at your eyes.
The way you look at me
gives me butterflies
I like the way you bend closer
to hear what I say
and my hand raise
as if to caress your face.
Then I stop short
and point at something instead
reminding myself
that you belong to someone else.
At that thought a pain wells,
in my heart, deep inside,
it swells as I see you,
as I recall the warmth in your eyes.
It’s been days since I last saw you,
even more since we last talked.
I have to ignore you
it’s good for both of us, I know.
But watching you disappear
Through the throbbing crowd
brings back a forbidden tear
that I’ve tried hard to keep out.
The train moves away
on time to do its part,
adding more to the rhythm,
of the dull thumping of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment